The Picture on this page looks slightly better in its left orientation than it did, but I still find it somewhat distracting from the other information on the page. A resizing obviously loses a lot of the resolution, but I'm not sure of another solution offhand. Anyone else have a suggestion? -- Cthulhudrew 22:46, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
I don't know about anyone else, but the big 'mainpage' picture blocks out the text of the 'featured article' and 'featured media' columns in my monitor. Maybe it doesn't do that on yours, but it does on mine.Chris Lang 22:50, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, it does on mine, too. -- Cthulhudrew 22:54, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
I find that if I view the main page with anything other than full screen, the image gets hidden under the column to the left, shifted behind the box containing things like "Help".
It's a good image, but its presence easily shows me why a place like Wikipedia itself doesn't have a mainstay image on its equivalent page. Joe Acro 22:58, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
- Problem solved. We'll put it elsewhere or something. I just don't want it to go to waste. Maybe a generic "Traitor Game" page that outlines the generic rules and generic roles and generic generics. Deadpooligan 23:14, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
- Why not put it on the FAQ page? -- Cthulhudrew 23:33, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
- I'd much rather completely overhaul the FAQ page, or edit the About page to be more informative than just external linking to the Discussion Thread. I'm not quite the best man to outline rules and things, hence my lack of boldness there. The picture might indeed work better on that page, I agree. Deadpooligan 23:42, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
- Agreed on overhauling the FAQ page. It definitely should be self-contained, with perhaps a link to the Discussion thread at the bottom. For now (and even after overhauling) I think we should put the picture there. I like it, too, it just offsets the main page too much to leave it there. -- Cthulhudrew 00:21, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Concur with overhauling it.
Hmm. How do you start the featured article thing? Not for right now, but when we get our article numbers up... Radioactive Zombie 01:08, 27 September 2008 (UTC)